Sunday, April 26, 2015

Please ignore, just testing styles

The Comments Section of a Blog is Important

Some people still don't read a blog's comments. I encourage you to do so if the topic interests you. The original post is not complete without the comments, because in them you will often find corrections to the original post or suggestions that improve upon it.  Sometimes you will read comments that you feel add little, or, if it's especially popular (not mine), flame wars and maybe some spam. But it's better to have the conversation than a lone blog post with a single person's opinions and experiences.

I have been tempted in the past to update my own posts with valuable input from the comment section, but I think it's better to encourage folks to read them. What's useful to me might not be useful to you.

There's no single person that knows everything I know, but for any given topic, there's someone who knows more about it than I do.  That's why the comments are important.

But don't take my word for it. Trust me on that. :)

No comments: